Website Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission
The Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission (IPC) is indeed an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. Its main objective is to establish and maintain standards for drugs in the country. The IPC regularly updates the standards of commonly used drugs to ensure their quality and efficacy in treating prevalent diseases in India.
The IPC publishes official documents known as the Indian Pharmacopoeia (IP). The IP contains monographs that provide detailed information on the identity, purity, and strength of drugs required for healthcare purposes for both humans and animals. These monographs serve as a reference for manufacturers, regulatory authorities, healthcare professionals, and other stakeholders in the pharmaceutical industry.
Position: Pharmacopoeial Associate
Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission (IPC) is inviting applications for the vacant post of Pharmacopoeial Associate. IPC is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, located in Ghaziabad. The position will be filled through a Manpower Resource Outsourcing Services Providing Agency.
- Age: Not exceeding 32 years
- Salary: Rs. 32,000/-
- Number of Posts: 6
- Place of Posting: Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission (IPC), Ghaziabad
- Master’s degree in Pharmacy/Chemistry or equivalent
- Good knowledge of computers
- Minimum one year of experience in drug testing and analysis of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API)/Drug formulations
- Experience in handling modern analytical instruments such as HPLC, Dissolution, Gas Chromatography, etc.
Job Description for the position of Pharmacopoeial Associate:
- Testing and Analysis: The primary responsibility of the Pharmacopoeial Associate will be to perform testing and analysis of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and drug formulations. This includes conducting tests to develop monographs and verifying the compliance of the drugs with established standards. The associate will be proficient in handling analytical instruments such as High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Gas Chromatography (GC), and Dissolution apparatus.
- Monograph Development: The associate will contribute to the development of monographs, which are official documents containing detailed specifications and standards for drugs. This involves conducting tests, analyzing data, and documenting the results accurately.
- Instrument Handling: The associate will have hands-on experience in operating and maintaining analytical instruments such as HPLC, GC, and Dissolution apparatus. They should be familiar with the principles and techniques of these instruments and ensure their proper functioning.
- Compliance and Quality Assurance: The associate will work in accordance with regulatory guidelines and quality assurance practices to ensure accurate and reliable test results. They will follow Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and other relevant standards to maintain data integrity and quality control.
- Documentation: Accurate documentation of all test procedures, results, observations, and conclusions is essential. The associate will maintain comprehensive records of tests performed, ensuring traceability and accessibility of data.
- Additional Responsibilities: The Pharmacopoeial Associate will be responsible for any other tasks assigned by the Competent Authority from time to time. This may include participating in training programs, assisting in the review of scientific literature, or supporting other ongoing projects within IPC.
Period of Engagement: The initial contract tenure for the Pharmacopoeial Associate position is one year. However, if the performance and conduct of the staff are found to be unsatisfactory during the contract period, the services may be terminated at any time without providing a reason.
Note: The above job description provides an overview of the typical responsibilities associated with the Pharmacopoeial Associate position. However, the specific duties may vary based on the requirements and directives of the Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission.
General Instructions for the application process:
- Vacancy and Application: The competent authority reserves the right to adjust the number of vacancies and may reject or select applications without providing any reason.
- Interview: The interview for the position will be conducted at IPC, Ghaziabad. Candidates are responsible for their own travel expenses and no TA/DA (Travel Allowance/Daily Allowance) will be provided.
- Interview Call: IPC or the Manpower Outsourcing Service Agency is not obligated to call every applicant for an interview. Preference may be given to candidates with desirable experience.
- Accuracy of Information: Candidates are responsible for providing accurate and correct information in their application. If any information is found to be incorrect or false at any stage, the candidature/appointment may be canceled or terminated.
- Document Verification: Shortlisted candidates for the interview will be required to present original documents for verification, supporting their educational qualifications and experience.
- Application Submission: Interested candidates must submit their applications online through a Google Form. The application form should be submitted only through this mode, and no other methods will be accepted.
Important Dates: The last date for submitting applications is 26th July 2023, with a closing hour of 5:30 PM.
Note: The above instructions provide important guidelines for the application process. Applicants should carefully follow the instructions provided and ensure the timely and accurate submission of their application forms.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.