Website Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) was indeed established on April 1, 1935, in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. The main objective of the RBI is to regulate and control the monetary policy of India and to ensure the stability and growth of the country’s financial system.
Initially, the Central Office of the Reserve Bank was located in Kolkata (then known as Calcutta). However, in 1937, it was permanently moved to Mumbai (then known as Bombay), where it is currently located.
Job Posting: Part-Time Pharmacist at Reserve Bank of India, Guwahati
The Reserve Bank of India, Guwahati, is inviting applications for the position of part-time pharmacist. The details of the job posting are as follows:
- Number of Posts: 01 (Unreserved category)
- Matriculation or equivalent examination.
- Minimum qualification of Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized university registered under the Pharmacy Act, 1948.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree (B.Pharm) in Pharmacy can also apply.
- Applicant should be registered with the State Pharmacy Council.
- Minimum of two (02) years of experience as a pharmacist. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in PSBs/PSUs/Government organizations.
- Basic working knowledge of computers is required.
- The pharmacist will be paid a fixed hourly remuneration of Rs. 400/-.
- The maximum working hours per day will be five (05), and the maximum working hours per week will be thirty (30).
- The pharmacist will not be entitled to any pay, allowance, or perks/facilities.
- The engagement will be purely on a contractual basis for a maximum period of 240 days.
- The pharmacist will not have any right to a temporary or permanent post in the Bank’s service.
- The pharmacist will not be considered a regular employee of the Bank and will not be entitled to facilities provided to regular employees.
- The Bank reserves the right to assign the pharmacist to any dispensary within the jurisdiction of Guwahati, and the decision in this regard will be final.
- The Bank may stop utilizing the services of the pharmacist at any time without prior notice or providing a reason.
- The pharmacist must comply with all orders and directions issued by the Bank’s employee under whose jurisdiction they are placed.
- The pharmacist must maintain strict confidentiality regarding the Bank’s affairs and serve the Bank with honesty, loyalty, and integrity.
- However, the pharmacist may be required to work in any of the Bank’s dispensaries in Guwahati during their working hours, and remuneration will be based on the number of hours worked.
- Selection Process:
- The Bank will conduct interviews for shortlisted candidates.
- The Bank reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards to limit the number of candidates called for an interview. The Bank’s decision in this regard will be final.
- Meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee an interview.
- Shortlisting Criteria:
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on overall educational qualifications (PG/Degree/Diploma), proximity of residence to Bank’s dispensaries, and relevant experience with PSBs/PSUs/Government organizations/RBI, etc.
- Medical Examination and Document Verification:
- Shortlisted candidates will undergo a medical examination and document verification process before being engaged as a pharmacist.
- Candidates will not be reimbursed for any expenses related to attending the interview.
- Acceptance and Agreement:
- Selected candidates must be found medically fit and accept the Terms and Conditions and the Code of Conduct (Annex II) of the Bank.
- The engagement as a pharmacist will be subject to signing an agreement with the Bank.
Code of Conduct: The selected pharmacist will be required to adhere to the following code of conduct:
- Follow all orders and directions given by superiors.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding the Bank’s affairs and its constituents.
- Serve the Bank honestly, faithfully, and with utmost endeavors to promote its interests.
- Refrain from active participation in politics or political demonstrations.
- Avoid association with trade unions or involvement in strikes related to terms and conditions of the contract.
- Obtain written permission before contributing to the press regarding the Bank’s affairs.
- Not accept any gifts from Bank employees.
- Seek permission and make acceptable alternate arrangements when absent from duties.
- Not outsource services to the Bank.
- Abide by laws related to intoxicating drinks or drugs.
- Refrain from any act of sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Termination of the contract is possible in cases of arrest, criminal charges, negligence, misconduct, or breach of code of conduct.
- Interested candidates should submit their applications in a sealed cover.
- The cover should contain photocopies of professional/academic/other qualification certificates, caste certificate, experience certificate, age proof, etc.
- The application should reach the Regional Director, Reserve Bank of India, Human Resource Management Department (Recruitment Section), Station Road, Panbazar, Guwahati – 781001 by 05:00 PM on August 07, 2023.
- The sealed cover should be super-scribed as ‘Application for the post of Pharmacist on contract basis with fixed hourly remuneration.’
To apply for this job please visit rbidocs.rbi.org.in.