- Full Time
Website National Tobacco Testing Laboratory
Table of ContentsToggle
About National Tobacco Testing Laboratory
The establishment of National Tobacco Testing Laboratories (NTTLs) marks a significant milestone in India’s Tobacco Control Programme. This achievement has been the result of a multi-faceted process that has evolved over the years. It all began with the identification of existing laboratories that had the potential to be upgraded for the analysis of tobacco products. Subsequently, the following key steps were taken:
- Procurement of Sophisticated Equipment: The program involved acquiring advanced equipment and technology necessary for the precise testing and analysis of tobacco products. This equipment is crucial for assessing the composition, quality, and safety of tobacco-related items.
- Recruitment of Qualified Scientific Staff: Building a team of qualified scientific experts was a vital component of this initiative. Competent and skilled professionals were hired to carry out the intricate testing and research required by NTTLs.
- Capacity Building Measures: The capacity of NTTLs was strengthened through various measures. Advanced training programs were implemented to enhance the skills and knowledge of the scientific staff. This ensured that the laboratories were equipped to perform their functions effectively and efficiently.
- Collaboration with WHO-Recognized Laboratories: Collaboration with other world-class laboratories recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) was a crucial step. This collaboration allowed NTTLs to benefit from the expertise and experience of established institutions in the field of tobacco product testing and analysis.
The journey of establishing National Tobacco Testing Laboratory (NTTLs) in India has been a long and meticulous one, characterized by dedication and a commitment to advancing the cause of tobacco control. These laboratories play a vital role in ensuring that tobacco products meet the required standards and regulations, thereby contributing to the overall health and well-being of the Indian population.
Job Opportunity at National Tobacco Testing Laboratory, Guwahati
Senior Scientific Officer-II Position Available
The Director of the National Tobacco Testing Laboratory in Guwahati is welcoming applications for the following contractual post within a month of this advertisement’s publication in Employment News.
Senior Scientific Officer-II (One Post)
Qualifications Required at National Tobacco Testing Laboratory:
- M.Sc. in Chemistry / Biochemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Sciences or M.Pharm
- Five years of research experience.
- Three years of research experience in natural products, synthesis, analysis of organic compounds, or bio-chemical/pharmaceutical sciences.
This role involves working with advanced analytical equipment and protocols for tobacco product analysis.
Maximum Age Limit (as of the publication date in Employment News): 45 years
Consolidated Monthly Emoluments (in INR): Rs. 60,000/-
Qualified candidates must submit a separate application for each post, following the prescribed format. Include self-attested photocopies of certificates of qualifications and experience. Send your applications to the Director, National Tobacco Testing Laboratory, Guwahati, O/o Regional Drugs Testing Laboratory, DGHS, MoHFW, Govt of India, Six Mile, Guwahati-781022, within 30 days from the date of this advertisement in Employment News. Please write “Application for the Post of Senior Scientific Officer-II” on the top of the envelope.
Applications received after the stipulated time will not be considered. All original documents must be presented for verification during the interview, if invited. No TA/DA will be provided for attending the interviews. After the application review, shortlisted candidates will be contacted separately regarding the date and venue of the interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview in due course.
To apply for this job please visit cdsco.gov.in.