- Full Time
Website National Tobacco Testing Laboratories
Table of ContentsToggle
About National Tobacco Testing Laboratory
The establishment of National Tobacco Testing Laboratories (NTTLs) represents a significant achievement for India’s Tobacco Control Programme. This milestone has been reached through a multifaceted process that has evolved over the years. The journey began with the identification of existing laboratories that had the potential to be upgraded for the analysis of tobacco products. Subsequently, it involved several key steps:
- Procurement of Sophisticated Equipment: To ensure the accurate testing and analysis of tobacco products, National Tobacco Testing Laboratory acquired state-of-the-art equipment. These instruments are essential for assessing the quality and safety of tobacco products.
- Recruitment of Qualified Scientific Staff: Highly trained and qualified scientific personnel were recruited to operate and manage the NTTLs. Their expertise is crucial in conducting accurate and reliable tests on tobacco products.
- Capacity Building Measures: To enhance the capabilities of the laboratories, capacity building measures were implemented. These measures included advanced training programs for the staff to keep them updated on the latest techniques and methodologies in tobacco product analysis.
- Collaboration with WHO-Recognized Laboratories: Collaboration with other world-class laboratories recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) was an integral part of the process. Such collaborations help ensure that the testing methods and standards employed by NTTLs align with international best practices.
The establishment of National Tobacco Testing Laboratory is a testament to India’s commitment to tobacco control and public health. These laboratories play a crucial role in monitoring and regulating the tobacco industry, ensuring the safety of consumers, and contributing to a healthier population.
Job Post: Senior Scientific Officer-II at National Tobacco Testing Laboratory, Guwahati
Director Invites Applications for Contractual Position
Senior Scientific Officer-II (One Post)
Qualification Required at National Tobacco Testing Laboratory:
- Essential: M.Sc. in Chemistry / Biochemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Sciences or M.Pharm with five years research experience.
- Desirable: 3 years research experience in natural products / synthesis / analysis of organic compounds/bio-chemical/pharmaceuticals sciences.
Analyze Tobacco Products Using Advanced Equipment and Protocols
Max. Age Limit:
45 years (as of the date of publication in Employment News)
How to Apply at National Tobacco Testing Laboratory:
- Submit separate applications for each post in the prescribed format.
- Include self-attested photocopies of qualification and experience certificates.
- Send applications to the Director, National Tobacco Testing Laboratory, Guwahati, O/o Regional Drugs Testing Laboratory, DGHS, MoHFW, Govt, of India, Six Mile, Guwahati-781022 within 30 days from the date of publication in Employment News.
- Write “Application for the Post of Senior Scientific Officer-II” on top of the envelope.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Bring original documents for verification during the interview.
- No TA/DA provided for interview attendance.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified of the interview date and venue separately.
To apply for this job please visit cdsco.gov.in.