Tata Memorial Centre, including its history, the establishment of the Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital (HBCH) and Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya Cancer Centre (MPMMCC) in Varanasi, and their contributions to cancer care, education, and research.
Tata Memorial Centre has evolved over the years, with a rich history dating back to its inception in 1941. The involvement of the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust, the Ministry of Health, and later the Department of Atomic Energy reflects a collaborative effort between private philanthropy and government support, highlighting the importance of addressing cancer-related challenges in India.
The naming of HBCH after Dr. Homi Jehangir Bhabha and MPMMCC after Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya pays tribute to two influential figures who made significant contributions to nuclear physics and education, respectively. It’s also noteworthy how Tata Trusts and the Department of Atomic Energy played key roles in the renovation and establishment of these cancer care facilities.
The collaboration and complementary roles of HBCH and MPMMCC in Varanasi, with their focus on specific types of malignancies, showcase a comprehensive approach to cancer treatment. The emphasis on academic programs, cancer care services, and oncology-related research reflects a commitment to the holistic management of cancer.
Overall, the Tata Memorial Centre, including its units in Varanasi, stands as a testament to the convergence of philanthropy, government support, and scientific vision in the pursuit of advancing cancer care and research in India.
Job Post: Technician (Radio-diagnosis)
Essential Qualifications and Experience Required at MPMMCC:
- B.Sc. (Radiological Imaging Technology) from a recognized University with 50% marks and one year Internship/experience from a large hospital with proficiency in CT and MRI.
- B.Sc. in any subject/B.Pharmacy with 50% marks and a minimum of two years’ Diploma in Medical Imaging Technology from State Board of Technical Education or any equivalent recognized Board/University. Candidates must have one year Internship/experience from a large hospital, with expertise in CT and MRI. Preference will be given to candidates with Interventional Radiology experience.
Age Limit and Remuneration
- Age limit as on Walk-In-Interview date: 30 years.
- Consolidated Monthly Remuneration: Rs. 21,632/- (Rupees twenty-one thousand six hundred thirty-two only). *Age relaxation may be offered to deserving & meritorious candidate(s).
Number of Vacancies
- No. of Post(s): 02
- The appointment is initially for a period of six months and extendable if required.
- Interested and eligible candidates may attend the Walk-In-Interview for the mentioned posts on a Contract Basis through Third Party.
- Candidates are required to bring their bio-data, recent passport size photograph, original documents of PAN card, Aadhar card, experience certificates, educational certificates, and one set of self-attested copies of all certificates on the given dates for attending the recruitment process.
- Date: Friday, 22.12.2023 (between 9.00 am to 10.00 am)
- Venue: Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya Cancer Centre, Sunder Bagiya, Bhu Campus, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh – 221005
- For more articles, Kindly Click here.
For more jobs, kindly visit our job section.