Website Aptar Pharma
Nanopharm, an Aptar Pharma Company, is a world leading specialist contract research and development organization offering product development services for orally inhaled and nasal drug products (OINDPs).
Nanopharm operates a fee-for-service model, helping its clients navigate the scientific, technical and regulatory challenges in developing nasal and respiratory drug products from discovery through to clinical investigations (‘IND’). Its service offerings provide the most efficient path to success for its clients by providing an integrated product development service covering:
- Advanced materials characterization
- Analytical method development
- Formulation development and testing
- Inhaled biopharmaceutics
These early phase services aid successful product development by understanding how material properties and processing conditions influence product functionality and therefore reduce risks and expedite drug development timelines. Nanopharm’s proprietary technology and analytical platforms for advanced materials characterization, formulation & device development and in-silico modelling of in vivo behavior, have provided Nanopharm a technical competitive edge, helping it become an international market leader. For more information visit: www.nanopharm.co.uk
You should work here because we:
- Attract and develop high performing people.
- Promote a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Allow for failure by allowing people to make mistakes through an open and trusting environment.
- Invest in the development of employees through local, regional and global career opportunities.
- Contribute to the communities where we reside.
What’s new with Aptar
We have an exciting position open at Nanopharm, which is an Aptar Pharma Company: Pharmaceutical Analyst, reporting to our Principal Scientist. These positions will be based in Cwmbran and will involve conducting pharmaceutical product analysis for our customers to a high degree of precision and efficiency.
This is how your journey begins:
SCIENCE & RESEARCH
- To work diligently with experimental testing of pharmaceutical products.
- Record data accurately, contemporaneously and discuss results/findings with senior scientific members of the team.
- Reviewing your own data and ensuring alignment to expected standards, working to understand trends and patterns in the data that may be present.
- Seeking to understand the fundamental scientific concepts behind how products work and the analytical tests being performed.
- Read through analytical methodologies, which are carried out in the laboratories and raise any queries to the Senior Scientist prior to the start of testing.
QUALITY & REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
- Record data competently, either in written form or electronically, in accordance to GMP (Good Manufacturing/Laboratory Practice) and health authority regulations.
- Use scientific instruments with care and control as trained to, ensuring proper calibrations are complete or conducting calibrations as may be necessary.
- Prepare analysis solutions, mobile phases and diluents with accuracy and in accordance with the methods and procedures provided.
- To conduct assignments in a timely manner ensuring delivery to the agreed project plan.
- Use analytical materials, consumables and test items in a responsible manner, ensuring good stock levels are maintained during the working day and being responsible to re-order anything that is necessary in a timely manner.
- Responsible and accountable for the accurate and contemporaneous data recording for yourself in accordance with the principals of ALCOA+ (attributable, legible, contemporaneous, original, accurate, complete, consistent, enduring and available).
- Ensure all assigned Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are read and understood within the requested timeframe, seeking clarification on any points not understood or that can be executed practicably immediately.
- Ensure your training record is up to date and complete at all times (audit ready)
HEALTH SAFETY & THE ENVIRONMENT
- To work in a safe manner, taking care of one’s own health and safety as well as your colleagues.
- Wear and use the provided PPE and safety equipment as trained and required.
- Ensuring COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) assessments are read and understood on substances being used actively.
- Ensuring the work you conduct is safe, well considered and if unsure raise promptly to senior members of the team.
- Ensuring that generated waste is properly disposed of and managed. Irresponsible disposal into the environment must be avoided.
- Ensure any accidents are logged correctly and promptly in line with the internal reporting procedures.
- Ensure any improvements in safety are adopted quickly and correctly.
SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES
- To read and understand, executing tests and procedures in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Analytical methods.
- Ensure issues with IT systems are logged with a ticket promptly and raise to senior members of the team. Do not allow issues to continue without resolution.
CAPABILITIES & TECHNOLOGY
- Ensure excellent levels of housekeeping to ensure standards are maintained after you have finished conducting laboratory work.
- Ensure issues, problems or improvements with the use of the facilities is communicated to senior members of the team promptly.
What you will bring on the journey
- Preferably a first degree in a science, pharmacy or relevant discipline with a significant analytical component of grade 2.1 or above
- Experience in Inhalation/respiratory product development or research
- Understanding of regulatory requirements e.g. Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), International Council for Harmonisation (ICH), Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Experience with High Performance Liquid Chromatography (preferred).
- Experience in a GMP compliant environment (preferred).
- Experience of working in a lab based environment.
- Ability to travel: occasional travel for training, inter-site support and customer/3rd party assistance. Travel to split site may also be required for training purposes.
- Other requirements:
- Detail orientated person and highly organised.
- Positive and curious attitude to own growth and development.
- Proven flexibility in adjusting to a rapidly evolving workload and remaining calm under pressure
- Displays adherence to and promotion of the company values at all times
What we offer:
- An exciting, diverse and value based working environment
- Award-winning corporate university offering personal development and training opportunities.
- Competitive base salary and performance-based bonus plan.
- Innovative benefits plan, which includes: medical, life, disability and wellness.
Be You. Be Aptar
Aptar is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that a diverse workforce is key to our success. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.aptar.com.