Northern Coalfields Limited (NCL) is indeed a “Mini Ratna” company and a subsidiary of Coal India Limited, which operates under the Ministry of Coal, a Government of India enterprise. NCL periodically invites applications from eligible candidates for engagement as Graduate & Technician apprentices in accordance with The Apprentices Act, 1961, and its rules, as amended from time to time.
Here are the key eligibility requirements for the Trainees (Graduates Apprentices) post with Post Code GT03:
- Total Slots/Seats: 20
- Training Stipend: ₹9,000 per month for a duration of 1 year.
- Qualification: Candidates should have a 4-year degree in Bachelor of Pharmacy from any AICTE recognized institution or a University established by any Act of the Central or State Government of India.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Nationality: Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply.
- Age Criteria: Minimum age should be 18 years, and the maximum age should be 26 years as of the cut-off date (30/06/2023). Candidates should have been born between 01/07/1997 and 01/07/2005.
- Age Relaxation: 5 years for SC/ST candidates, 3 years for OBC candidates, and up to 10 years for PwBD candidates (up to 15 years for SC/ST and up to 13 years for OBC candidates).
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should not have passed their Graduation (Engineering/Non-engineering) or Diploma as required for the position more than 3 years before the date of joining as an apprentice.
- Preference: Candidates who are residents of Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh or have passed their qualifying degree/diploma from recognized institutions in both states will be given preference.
- Percentage Calculation: The percentage obtained in the qualifying degree should be as per the norms adopted by the University/Institute. Rounding off will not be considered.
- Mode of Study: The qualification must be acquired through a full-time regular course. Part-time/Correspondence/Distance Learning qualifications will not be accepted.
- Previous Apprenticeship/Jobs: Candidates who have undergone apprenticeship earlier or are currently pursuing apprenticeship training or have job experience of 1 year or more are not eligible for these positions.
- Result Declaration: Candidates must submit a certificate mentioning the date of publication of the result from the Principal of the College/Institute if the date of declaration of the result is not mentioned on the mark sheet.
- Higher Qualification: Candidates possessing higher qualifications (e.g., Master’s Degree) beyond the prescribed qualification are not eligible for these positions.
- Second Year Engineering Degree & Diploma: Candidates enrolled in the second year of Engineering Degree & Diploma through lateral entry following the norms of AICTE will be considered eligible for applying to the positions of Apprentice Trainees.
Please note that these eligibility criteria are specific to the Graduates Apprentices positions in Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh regions, and they are based on the information provided in your post.
Selection methodology for the Trainees (Graduates Apprentices) post with Post Code GT03:
- Application: Candidates are allowed to apply for only one of the notified positions. Multiple applications will lead to disqualification.
- Provisional Shortlisting: NCL will conduct provisional shortlisting of candidates based on the aggregate marks scored by the candidates in their qualifying graduation/diploma course, as applicable for the position applied. The shortlisting will be based on the information submitted/declared by the candidates on the NCL-Online application portal.
- Document Verification: Shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for scrutiny of original documents as per the eligibility criteria mentioned in the notification. The date and venue for document verification will be notified on the official website of NCL.
- Verification Process: During document verification, if it is found that a candidate has provided wrong details on the online portal or uploaded incorrect/incomplete/forged documents that do not support their eligibility, their candidature will be canceled.
- Failure to Report: Candidates who fail to report with all original certificates and testimonials within the stipulated date and time will have their candidature canceled.
- Preparation of Merit Panels: After document verification, provisional merit panels will be prepared based on the final aggregate marks secured in the respective Graduation/Diploma qualifying courses for which the candidates have applied. Two separate merit lists (ML-1 & ML-2) will be prepared:
- ML-1: Contains the names of candidates who belong (Residents) to the States of Uttar Pradesh & Madhya Pradesh or have passed their qualifying examination from either of these states.
- ML-2: Contains the names of remaining candidates who do not fall in ML-1 and have applied against this notification.
For filling the training slots/positions, candidates from ML-1 will be preferred first based on merit. If positions remain vacant, they will be filled by candidates from ML-2 based on their merit.
- Tie Resolution: In case of a tie in merit, the tie will be resolved by arranging the candidates firstly in the order of their age. If the tie remains unresolved, then the candidates will be arranged in the order of their year of passing the qualifying degree for the positions applied.
- Medical Test: After confirmation of eligibility and selection, candidates must clear the Medical Test as per the prescribed standards under the Mines Rules 1955. The medical fitness certificate must be issued by a medical officer of a government hospital of rank not less than an Assistant Civil Surgeon.
- Final Selection: The list of candidates found fit for engagement as Apprentice Trainees under the Apprentice Act 1961 will be published on the NCL website.
- Apprenticeship Contract: The final offer for Apprenticeship Training will be issued to the successful candidates based on their relative merit position, medical fitness, and tie resolution. The apprenticeship contract will be generated through the NATS portal and has to be accepted by the candidate. The contract will be made operative between the Apprentice Trainee and General Manager (HRD)/Head of Department (HRD), NCL, subject to approval by BOAT- Western region officials.
- Responsibility of the Candidate: If the contract is not generated/terminated by BOAT WR officials due to any shortcomings or non-fulfillment of requirements by the candidate, the candidate will be responsible, and their candidature will stand canceled. In such cases, the offer will be issued to the next candidate from the panel.
To apply for the Trainees (Graduates Apprentices) post with Post Code GT03 in Northern Coalfields Limited (NCL), follow the steps outlined below:
- Visit the NCL website: Go to the official website of Northern Coalfields Limited (NCL) at nclcil.in.
- Navigate to the Apprenticeship Training section: On the home page, click on the “Menu” option and then select “Career.” Under the Career section, you should find the “Apprenticeship Training” option.
- Register and create an account: Click on the “Apprenticeship Training” option, and it will take you to the online portal for applying. If you are a new user, you will need to register yourself by providing a valid mobile number and email address to create an online account.
- Fill in the application form: Once registered, log in to your account and proceed to fill in the online application form. Provide all the relevant details such as Date of Birth, Name as available in the Matriculation certificate, Address for correspondence, permanent address, Academic details, Scanned photograph, Scanned Signature, etc.
- Review and confirm: Before submitting the application form, review all the details provided in the preview to ensure accuracy.
- Save a copy: After successfully submitting the online application, make sure to save both a hard and soft copy of your application for future reference.
Please note the following important points:
- The application process is entirely online, and paper-based applications will not be accepted.
- Make sure to provide a valid and active mobile number and email address, as all future communications will be made through email or SMS alerts.
- Keep checking the NCL website or your email/SMS for any updates or future correspondence related to the apprenticeship training.
- The last date for applying online is 03/08/2023.
- Ensure that you meet all the eligibility criteria and have all the required documents before applying.
To apply for this job please visit www.nclcil.in.