Website Queens University
The School of Pharmacy at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Fellow.
The postholder will be an active member within Prof Raj Thakur’s Ocular Drug Delivery research group at the School of Pharmacy, Queen’s University Belfast. The Research Fellow will be an active member of the industry funded translational research project within the area of novel long-acting ocular therapeutics. The Research Fellow will be assisting in the design, development and evaluation of long-acting drug delivery systems for small molecules and biologics so that the overall research objectives of the project are met.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- 2:1 Honours Degree or equivalent in pharmacy, polymer science, pharmaceutical engineering, and pharmaceutical analysis.
- Have or about to obtain a PhD in pharmacy, drug delivery, pharmaceutics or chemical engineering.
- At least 3 years recent and relevant research experience in drug delivery to include experience in the area of ocular drug delivery.
- Experience in laboratory-based research in fabrication and characterization of long-acting drug delivery systems.
- Experience in biocompatibility and sterilisation studies of ocular implants.
- Experience in analytical method development and validation of biologics (e.g. HPLC, ELISA, SEC-HPLC, SDS-PAGE).
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
This is a fixed term contract for 13 months or until 31 December 2023, whichever is soonest. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Informal enquiries may be directed to Mr Muhammad Faris Adrianto at MuhammadFaris.Adrianto@qub.ac.uk
For more jobs, kindly visit our job section.
To apply for this job please visit hrwebapp.qub.ac.uk.