The University Department of Chemical Technology (UDCT), which is now known as the Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai, has a rich history and a significant contribution to the field of chemical science and technology in India. Here is a brief overview of its history and mission:
- The Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) was originally established on October 1, 1933, as the University Department of Chemical Technology (UDCT).
- It was founded as a part of the University of Bombay (now Mumbai) with the primary goal of advancing India’s knowledge and capabilities in the fields of chemical science and technology.
- The core mission of ICT is to provide high-quality education, training, and research in various domains of chemical engineering, chemical technology, applied chemistry, pharmacy, biotechnology, and bio-processing.
- The institute’s focus extends beyond academics to foster industrial collaboration and research partnerships, contributing to the growth and development of the chemical and pharmaceutical industries in India.
Growth and Recognition:
- Over the years, ICT has grown and evolved to become a premier (deemed) university in India, known for its contributions to the chemical and allied industries.
- It is recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovations in the fields of chemistry and chemical engineering.
- The institute plays a crucial role in producing skilled professionals and researchers who contribute to the advancement of science and technology in the country.
ICT, formerly UDCT, remains a significant institution in India’s educational and research landscape, and its dedication to chemical science and technology continues to benefit both academia and industry.
To apply for this job please visit staffmarj.ictmumbai.edu.in.