- Full Time
- Across India
Table of ContentsToggle
The Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is an autonomous institute under the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. It is situated within the NCR Biotech Science Cluster in Faridabad and operates as a dynamic and collaborative organization. THSTI’s primary mission is to carry out innovative translational research and foster interdisciplinary research collaborations to transform scientific ideas into practical solutions that enhance human health.
Job Post: Field Monitor Positions at Clinical Development Services Agency (CDSA)
CDSA – Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI)
CDSA is a specialized center within THSTI dedicated to advancing affordable healthcare products for public health diseases. It is the sole public institution in India with a mission to foster cost-effective, high-quality, not-for-profit technology-driven preclinical and clinical product development and to support clinical research conducted by public agencies.
Position: Field Monitor
Vacancies: 01 post for each of the following states: (i) Assam (ii) Gujarat (iii) Jharkhand (iv) Haryana (v) Karnataka (vi) Rajasthan (vii) Telangana (viii) Maharashtra (ix) Tripura
Project Name: Diet and Biomarkers Survey in India (DABS-I)
Emoluments: Rs. 30,000 (Consolidated) per month
Age: Up to 35 years
Duration: Initially for 5 months, with possible extension based on project requirements
Minimum Educational Qualification and Experience Required at CDSA
- Master’s degree in pharmacy/public health/life sciences or related discipline from a recognized university with one year of experience in Research/Monitoring/Public Health projects OR
- Graduate in pharmacy/public health/life sciences or related discipline from a recognized university with two years’ experience in Research/Monitoring/Public Health projects
- Candidates with prior work experience in Research/Monitoring/Public Health projects
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word & Excel)
- Basic data analysis using statistical software is a plus
- Familiarity with CDSA – THSTI’s tools and systems for monitoring activities, with basic computer skills
- Basic knowledge and ability to conduct clinical lab-related monitoring
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a good grasp of local languages and English
- Ability to read and write multiple local languages is preferred
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage field-based activities
- Capability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with field teams and CDSA-THSTI concurrent monitoring team
The role involves extensive travel in urban and rural areas of respective states. Remuneration is based on deliverables, with a fixed travel allowance for daily expenses. The incumbent’s responsibilities include:
- Monitoring specified primary sampling units (PSUs) to ensure subjects’ sample collection, shipment, processing, and packaging align with project protocols
- Conducting site visits at allocated PSUs and collection points (CP) for concurrent monitoring
- Interviewing subjects/parents and phlebotomists per the DABS protocol
- Monitoring the process of anthropometry, biological and cooked food sample collection, and their allocation to the correct subjects
- Ensuring safety during the sample collection process
- Overseeing the labeling and completion of forms related to sample collection and transport
- Fulfilling requirements during the transportation of collected samples to designated collection centers
- Documenting monitoring observations and maintaining appropriate documentation
- Escalating major or critical quality issues to the Associate Program Manager and/or Program Manager
- Collaborating with zonal leads when necessary to provide monitoring support
General Terms & Conditions:
- These are short-term positions, and extension depends on performance and project tenure, with no claim for regular employment.
- Qualifications must be from a recognized Board/University.
- Age and other relaxations are granted as per government guidelines.
- Screening may be done if a large number of applications are received.
How to Apply:
- Applicants must apply online through the Institute’s website.
- Complete details and application procedure are available on the website.
- The last date for online application submission is 08th November 2023.
For further information and application, visit https://thsti.res.in/en/Jobs.
Please adhere to the specified application process, and no canvassing will be entertained.
The application will be scrutinized/shortlisted and processed for further selection.
To apply for this job please visit thsti.res.in.